|Welcome to West Virginia Photography by Kent Mason|
A Photographic Study of the Wild WV Allegheny Mountains
If you would like a comprehensive photographic view/tour of the West Virginia Allegheny Mountains, the 44 galleries of this website will fulfill that need.
For over 15 years I have been creating a photographic study of the extraordinary wild places in the West Virginia Highlands.
My ultimate goal is to inspire the viewer to conserve and preserve wild places.
This website contains a great deal of photography and may best be seen as a book that you go to multiple times before completing it.
After The Storm, by Kent Mason
- The first 3 galleries provide an overview of the West Virginia Allegheny Mountains (WV Highlands). The first gallery includes some of my favorite images and most popular prints of the WV Highlands, the second gallery focuses on gorgeous mountain light and the third gallery covers the four seasons in the WV Highlands.
- The next 17 galleries focus on Special Places in the West Virginia Highlands. These unique places include Bear Rocks Preserve, Dolly Sods Wilderness, Canaan Valley, Blackwater Canyon, Smoke Hole Canyon, Seneca Rocks, Cranberry Glades and Cranberry Wilderness, Cheat Canyon, Spruce Knob, New River Gorge, Otter Creek Wilderness, etc.
- The next 7 galleries focus on the major yet very different Habitats one finds in the Allegheny Mountains. Brief text at the beginning of each gallery describes the unusual weather and geological features that make these habitats possible.
- The next 4 galleries are General Themes that focus on those subjects that cut across the various places and habitats such as wildlife, plant life, winter in the highlands, and panorama photography.
- The final 13 galleries are Special Focus Themes that target narrower subjects such as waterfalls, trees, mushrooms, reflections, macro images, weather, black and white photography, infrared photography, etc.
Note: When you go to a gallery, left click on the first image to have a single large image appear.
Copyright and Limited Rights Notice.
All images and text on this Web site are the copyrighted intellectual property of Kent Mason.
You are granted permission to print one hardcopy of each page.
No image from this site may be otherwise copied, altered, or used in any way without the express written consent of the photographer.
For prints or licensed use of any of the images, please contact Kent Mason.